Equity Guiding Principles
We see you | We hear you | We are with you
- We center the people we serve and meet them where they are.
- We involve those most impacted when seeking solutions or making decisions.
- We continually identify barriers to academic and professional success and strive to remove them.
Belonging Within Our Walls
Join us to learn, grow, and build community. College operations and instruction will close so all employees can attend these sessions.
- June 10, 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. | Join via Zoom | Zoom ID 856 3924 9239
Previous Belonging within Our Walls (BWOW)
- Spring 2021: Belonging Within Our Walls with Jahmad Canley Powerpoint Presentation
- Fall 2021: Belonging Within Our Walls with Parfait Bassalé (Othering & Belonging) Powerpoint Presentation | Recorded Session
- Winter 2022: Belonging Within Our Walls with John Baugh (Linguistic Diversity) Powerpoint Presentation | Recorded Session
- Spring 2022: Belonging Within Our Walls (Exploring & Transforming) Powerpoint Presentation & Workshop Packet | Recorded Session
#AmplifyBelonging - Principles in Action
Putting these principles into action is everyone's responsibility.
Here are some recent examples of equity work in action:
- The Writing Center creates an anti-racism statement
- English and math teams launch Guided Self Placement
- SPSCC Foundation amps up Student Success requests for maximum flexibility and equity
- Student Services survey asks for feedback after each experience with a staff member or department
- Public Relations and Outreach teams re-envision student participation for Acceptance Packet project
- Human Resources take steps to recruit a more diverse workforce