The following documents contain the required National Student Loan Data System gainful employment information for all Title IV certificate programs at South Puget Sound Community College.
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Business Operations
- Computerized Numerical Control Technology
- CPA Requirements
- Culinary Arts
- Legal Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Office Assisting
Gainful Employment (GE) is a set of federal reporting and disclosure requirements for programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. The full federal guideline can be found at 34 CFR 668.6.
Gainful Employment at South Puget Sound Community College includes only Title IV eligible workforce programs which result in a certificate. Associate of Applied Science degrees are not considered Gainful Employment programs at this institution, and are not included in the Gainful Employment program disclosures even though many of our GE certificates can be completed on the way to an Associate of Applied Science workforce degree.
When reviewing the Gainful Employment disclosure pages, please consider the restrictions related to the number of students who enrolled in and completed the programs in normal time. This includes students who have specifically enrolled in the program during a set time period and have received Title IV aid while enrolled in the program. This number eliminates:
- Student who completed the program, but did not received Title IV aid
- Students who have completed the certificate, but are enrolled in a different program(E.G. a student who is enrolled in the Accounting Associate in Applied Science Degree, but completes the Accounting Clerk Certificate along the way)
Depending on when the student officially enrolls in the program during their time at the college the completion number may also eliminate:
- Students who are not enrolled full time
- Students who skip a quarter (stop out)
- Students who fail a course and have to retake it for completion