College in the High School Grades & Parent Access

Grades & Transcripts

  • SPSCC transcripts will reflect the grades students earn in College in the High School Classes
  • Transcripts are permanent. Grades cannot be erased or excluded from future course work at SPSCC or other higher education institutions
  • Students will likely need copies of SPSCC transcripts for applications that require proof of college education attainment: most other higher education institutions and some employment opportunities

Ordering Transcripts

Students can request transcripts after they complete at least one College in the High School course and grades have been posted.

  • Students can print unofficial transcripts from ctcLink (login with ctcLink ID and password required). They can also bring a photo ID to the One Stop on the Olympia or Lacey campuses to have them printed
  • Students can order official transcripts online via the National Student Clearinghouse. Note: An SPSCC ctcLink ID number is required

Parent Access to Student Records

College in the High School students are considered regular college students and are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Parents/caregivers do not have access to student grades, class schedules, etc from SPSCC.

Students may give parents/caregivers permission to view this information by submitting the Release of Records form in person with photo ID to Enrollment Services (Olympia Campus, Bldg. 22, or Lacey Campus Bldg. 1) or emailing the form with a copy of their photo ID to

I’m under 18, why don’t my parents have access to my records?

Keep in mind that this restriction to access is ONLY related to inquires made directly to SPSCC. Your parents do have full access to your records and your teacher at the high school. You're choosing to participate in the CiHS program and therefore, choosing to be a college student. FERPA laws apply to your educational records just like any other college student. We encourage CiHS students to fill out the Release of Records, but it's not required. You may also pull or modify the release at any time during your enrollment at SPSCC by working with Enrollment Services.

If I don’t fill out the Release of Records, can my parents see my grades at SPSCC?

The Release of Records only protects access to your student record at the college. All information generated/received by the high school your parents have full access to in accordance with the laws that govern the release of information to parents in the K-12 system. This means your parents will see your grades on your high school transcript even if you don’t sign the Release of Records at SPSCC.