Business Operations Coordinator
Credits: 57-61 | Length of Program: 4-5 quarters
Subject: Business Administration
Business Operations Coordinator - Certificate of Completion
Basic background in business with emphasis on skills required to coordinate multiple functions within a small business. Program focuses on recordkeeping skills, communication skills and enhancing interpersonal skills to improve the efficiency of an organization.
Graduates may work as part of a team or may be the main support person at an entrepreneurial firm. Much depends on the student’s work experience and prior background. The skills are general in nature but broad enough to be applicable to a wide variety of work settings. Students who are currently employed as the main support person in a small office will benefit from the breadth of training through their introduction to basic managerial skills. See Business » Business Administration for more career and employment information.
At the completion of the Business Operations Coordinator Certificate, the successful student will be able to:
- Analyze and evaluate alternatives that lead to successful accomplishment of organizational objectives
- Create and present information in written, oral, and symbolic forms to clearly convey business information
- Formulates strategies to collect and evaluate quantitative and qualitative data to support organizational objectives
- Recognize and assesses ethical dilemmas in the workplace
- Recognize and adapt interpersonal behaviors and communication styles to effectively collaborate in a multicultural world
- Support and manage the operations of a small organization within a variety of fields
- Create documents and maintain records important to the daily operation of the business
- Manage customer or client expectations
- Use a variety of media, including the web, to market the business
All students required to complete precollege Math or English coursework must complete HDEV 101: Enhancing Student Success (3 credits) within their first two quarters of attendance.
Distribution: AA, AS, DTA
Distribution: AA, AS, DTA, SOCIAL SCIENCE, NURSING SOCIAL SCIENCE, AA-AAS-T-SOCIAL SCIENCE
Choose one of the following:
Distribution: AA, AAS, AS, DTA, COMMUNICATION, GER-CIS, AA-AAS-T-COMMUNICATION, AAS-COMMUNICATION: Reading/Writing, AAS-READING-WRITING
Addititional Communication: Choose one of the following:
Distribution: AA, AAS, AS, DTA, COMMUNICATION, AAS-SPEAKING-LISTENING, AA-AAS-T-COMMUNICATION
Distribution: AA, AAS, AS, DTA, COMMUNICATION, DIVERSITY, HUMANITIES, NURSING HUMANITIES, AAS-SPEAKING-LISTENING, AAS-HUMAN RELATIONS, AA-AAS-T-COMMUNICATION, AA-AAS-T-HUMANITIES
Effective Catalog Year 2018-2019
Full-time students would typically complete a 58-credit program in four to five quarters, after basic skills and/or pre-college are complete.
Students are accepted into the program every quarter.
If a degree is desired, courses used to complete the certificate apply directly to the Business Administration Associate in Applied Science Degree.