Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary (EFDA) - Certificate of Achievement
9 Credits | 3 Quarters
You understand the importance of health and peace of mind—whether you're tending to a patient, studying diseases, providing dietary counsel, or documenting important medical information, our Healthcare Pathway will set you on a course to making a difference every day.
This program has a special application process. Learn more on the EFDA Program Admissions page.
- Effectively, independently, and efficiently perform clinical services that may be performed by Expanded Function Dental Auxiliaries in Washington State (T, C)
- Maintain safe environments in the dental setting by following state and federal standards, professional and ethical standards, and using effective communication
- Measure, record, interpret, and report data in both clinical and office settings (C, Q)
Dollar values are approximate and subject to change
|Non-refundable application fee||$25|
|Lab fees for materials||$120|
|Medical liability and malpractice insurance||$20|
|Loupes eye wear and light||$1,700|
|Personal Protection Equipment||$50|
|White full length lab coat||$35|
|Typodont, gums, and teeth||$1,000|
The following are estimated costs. Please contact each directly for the exact amounts:
- EFDA State Licensure fee is $175
- Washington State Restorative Exam (WARE) is $300
- Western Regional Examining Board Restorative Exam (WREB) is $545
EFDA Graduation Process
Your Certificate of Achievement will be posted on your transcript after you've completing the program and have submitted the graduation application.
You can apply to graduate on the graduation webpage when you're two quarters away from graduating. Submit the application from our website when you are two quarters away from graduating. This is the only way to get your certificate posted on your transcript.
You will also need to print and keep this additional EFDA Certificate information with your Diploma. It outlines the classes you have taken to earn your Certificate.