Earn a High School diploma through HS21+
We recognize that your experiences have given you skills that you can use in a school setting. Experience you have gained through your life, work, or school can count toward your diploma, and you can pick up the rest of what you need at a reduced tuition rate at SPSCC.
If you're over 21 and need your high school diploma, we will work with you, challenge you, and support your educational success as you demonstrate your competence in reading, writing, and math, to earn your high school diploma through our High School 21+ program.
Benefits of HS21+
- Count life, work, or school experiences toward your diploma, and get a reduced tuition rate ($35/quarter) at SPSCC.
- Meet diploma requirements (in most cases) in one quarter or less.
- Qualify for federal financial aid for college.
- Increase chances of being accepted into the military (because you will earn an actual diploma rather than an equivalency like the GED).
How to Register for a HS21+ or GED® Prep Class
- Sign up for an Information Session. GED®/HS21 Information Session Signup Form
- Attend the Information Session you signed up for. This is when you will register for an orientation class.
- Take a CASAS entry test at the college's Assessment Center. For hours and location information see the Assessment Center.
- Attend orientation class. In orientation class, you will activate your student email account, learn about Canvas (online learning platform), develop your academic plan and register for the Adult Education class that best matches your goal.
Students who are returning after six or more months must go through the new student steps (see above). Students who are returning after missing one quarter (less than six months) should contact 360-596-5317 for a registration appointment.
Other Important Information:
Children are not allowed in the test sessions, information sessions, or in classes. Students who need disability accommodations should contact Access Services.