Earn a High School diploma through HS+
The HS+ Program at SPSCC allows adult students (age 18 or older) the opportunity to earn a High School diploma issued by SPSCC and the State of Washington. Students can apply credits earned in high school and knowledge gained in the work force toward a HS+ Diploma. Any remaining credits can be earned through self-paced assignments in the HS+ class.
HS+ classes are offered both online and in-person. The cost for the program is $35 per quarter and financial assistance is available. Most students are able to complete a HS+ Diploma in 3-6 months.
You must be at least 18 years old to enroll in HS+ and there is no age limit to enroll in HS+. Students who are not yet 19 years old must also submit a completed High School release form, signed by a school official and parent or guardian. This form is available at your local high school or school district office.
How to Register for a HS+ or GED® Prep Class
Sign up for the HS+ GEDPrep Information Email below. You will be contacted with information about how to sign up for a HS+ GEDPrep course online. You can also attend an in-person registration session at the Olympia Campus or Yelm Extension School.
Welcome back! If you have been gone for six months, you will follow the New Student enrollment process above. If you have been gone after missing only one quarter, please email us at email@example.com to let us know you are returning.
Other Important Information:
- Children are not allowed information sessions or in classes.
- If you are a student who needs disability accommodation, please contact Access Services
Ability to Benefit is a federal student aid program that offers the opportunity for students to begin working on a Professional Technical degree goal and earn a high school diploma at the same time.
Who is eligible for Ability to Benefit?
Ability to Benefit is for students 18 years older and who
- do not have a high school credential (GED or diploma)
- want to enroll in a South Puget Sound Community College Professional Technical program and want to apply for financial aid
- can demonstrate eligibility by passing a placement exam, earning six college credits successfully, or co-enrolling in I-BEST and High School+.
Contact Transition Studies for more information about Ability to Benefit
360-596-5317 or firstname.lastname@example.org