Transfer Degrees

Transfer to a 4-year university or college


Is your goal to earn your bachelor's degree? Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) associate degrees are a convenient and affordable way to pay for college.

Complete your first 90 credits at SPSCC and then transfer to a 4-year school in Washington as a college junior. Most private Washington schools, and many public colleges out-of-state, will also accept a DTA degree.


Transfer to an international university

Did you know you can transfer into a bachelor's degree program in another country?

Imagine studying business in France or art in New Zealand. Explore the world and check out our international transfer options.


Where do SPSCC graduates go after they earn their DTA*?

  • 17% University of Washington
  • 11% The Evergreen State College
  • 11% Western Washington University
  • 7% Saint Martin’s University
  • 8% Washington State University
  • 6% Central Washington University
  • 2% Eastern Washington University
  • 3% Western Governor’s University
  • 1% Pacific Lutheran University
  • 1% Seattle University
  • 10% Other WA Public Institutions
  • 11% Out of State Public Institutions
  • 10% Other Private Institutions

*Based to DTA graduates who transferred in 2017-2018

Direct Transfer degrees at SPSCC

Transfer degrees at SPSCC


    About the statewide Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA)

    Statewide, DTA degrees provide students:

    • Priority consideration in the admissions for most humanities and social science majors at public universities ahead of students without a degree.
    • Completion of lower division general education requirements.
    • Credit for all courses completed within the DTA up to and in some cases beyond 90 credits.
    • Opportunity to explore several fields of study through the category of up to 30 credits of elective courses.
    • Opportunity to complete prerequisites for a future major.

    Important considerations

    In some cases, a DTA degree along with minimum GPA requirements does guarantee entry to 4-year program. This is not guaranteed across all degrees, programs, and schools. Speak with a transfer specialist at SPSCC and the 4-year school you wish to attend for unique requirements.

    Students must complete all DTA degree requirements and earn their associate degree in order for all classes to transfer to a 4-year school. If a student wishes to transfer before the DTA is earned, 4-year schools may evaluate a transcript course-by-course.

    Major Related Programs (MRP) have special and more specific requirements that must be taken in the first two years in order to progress on time.

    Associate in Science – Transfer (AS-T): If you’re a science major, you will need to take more science in your first two years and defer some other general education requirements until after you transfer.

    Associate in Applied Science (AAS-T): This degree will transfer to only a very limited set of bachelor's degree programs, including some applied degrees at community colleges or to “upside-down” programs at a few 4-year colleges.