Start a career in a growing industry that employs nearly 10,000 people in Washington State alone. Our Welding Technology program pairs you with some of the best training equipment on the market used by the best fabrication shops in the industry. You’ll earn real, hands-on experience when it comes to using high-tech equipment to solve problems in a dynamic industrial environment.
What's different at SPSCC?
Classes that fit your needs. Whether you’re looking for career training, to increase proficiency, or to supplement job skills, you’ll find a variety of classes to meet your goals. Many classes are available in the evenings, allowing you to advance your trade while remaining employed.
- Full-time career training for an Associate in Applied Science degree (mornings or afternoons) as well as Certificates of Proficiency in Shielded Metal Arc, Gas Metal Arc, Flux Cored Arc, and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding.
- Introduction to Welding - evening class to develop personal interest or supplement job skills.
- Welding Upgrade - evening class for experienced welders who want to increase welding proficiency or practice for a certification test.
Graduate at a fraction of the cost. Studying welding at SPSCC can save you more than 70% compared to the tuition of private training schools and programs. SPSCC is also a WABO (Washington Association of Building Officials) certified testing facility, so testing fees are included in the cost of your tuition.
Worker Retraining funds. Some welding students qualify for Worker Retraining, which helps pay for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and more. Learn if you qualify for Worker Retraining >.
Careers in Welding Technology
Graduates often find work in manufacturing, construction, or maintenance and repair industries. Many entry-level welding jobs pay between $18-21 per hour, and most employers offer extensive benefits and opportunities for career advancement. Locally, our aluminum welding training helps supply the high-demand boat building industry in the Puget Sound area.
Career overview, pay rate, work environment, and more (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics):
- Manufacturing Careers Map (King County, WA) — manufacturing careers with certificates, 2-year associate degrees, and 4-year degrees
- American Welding Society
Degrees & Certificates
- Basic Welding (Certificate of Achievement)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Welding Technology (Associate in Applied Science)
Department/Division ContactWelding Faculty:
Daniel Main and Zack Martin