Health & Wellness Center
SPSCC's Health & Wellness Center is a student-funded space that takes and athletics and physical health to the next level at SPSCC.
Fitness Center Protocols
SPSCC students, staff, and faculty are invited to exercise in the Fitness Center (cardio and weight equipment) and the Auxiliary Gym during open hours.
Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weight Room - 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Maximum occupancy: 15 people)
- Auxiliary Gym - 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Maximum occupancy: 20 people)
(Hours subject to change for Clipper Athletic events.)
2021 Holiday Closures
- 11/19 (Friday) - closing at 3 p.m.
- 11/22 (Monday) - closing at 4 p.m.
- 11/23 (Tuesday) - closing at 5:30 p.m.
- 11/24 (Wednesday) - closing at 1 p.m.
- 11/25-26 (Thursday-Friday) - CLOSED
- 12/13 - 1/3 - CLOSED
To keep our community safe while exercising and to follow Washington State Department of Health's guidelines for fitness facilities, everyone must abide by the following health and safety protocols while using the facilities.
Check In/Check Out Procedure
- Enter through the WEST doors (doors closest to building 35) and check in at the front desk.
- Everyone must show their SPSCC student or employee ID card AND proof of COVID-19 vaccination (no exemptions or negative tests will be allowed for the workout facilities).
- Leave your SPSCC ID at the front desk during your workout. Pick up your ID when you finish your workout.
- Exit through the EAST doors (if you're not using the locker room) or the NORTH doors (if leaving from the locker room).
COVID Weight Room and Auxiliary Gym Protocols
- Everyone must be masked at all times unless they are actively working out.
- Workouts are limited to one hour during high volume times.
- The weight room, auxiliary gym, locker rooms, and restrooms are the only spaces available for working out (no access to the main gym or classrooms is allowed).
If you need an SPSCC ID card, visit Student Life (building 27, 2nd floor) to get your free ID card.
You are invited to attend Clipper Athletics home games in the main gym at our Health & Wellness Center - a complete schedule and more information is available on the Clipper Athletics website.
Per SPSCC's COVID-19 Visitors policy, all attendees will be asked to show ID along with proof of vaccination to enter the event. Also, total capacity in the gym will be limited to 150 people including athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators. Most home games are also available to watch via Livestream (links are posted on the Athletics website).
In 2015, the ASB Student Senate formed a sub-committee taskforce to research student needs in a comprehensive health and wellness space. After two years of research, student surveys, and visits to other community college facilities, the Senate worked collaboratively with a design committee to draft floor plan options and establish a concept for students to vote on.
In April 2017, SPSCC students voted to approve a referendum to assess a student fee to fund construction of the Health and Wellness Center. The proposal was approved by the Board of Trustees in May 2017, construction began the following year and the Center was completed in the fall of 2020.