ctcLink is a state-wide administrative system that gives students, staff, and faculty access to their college business and accounts––anytime, from anywhere. SPSCC implemented ctcLink on May 9, 2022.
SPSCC's transition to ctcLink was part of a major statewide project to upgrade the information systems at all 34 of Washington’s community and technical colleges. ctcLink integrates college platforms across the state, providing online access to college information and systems 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This transition affects all aspects of college operations, including online systems that manage student enrollment and financial aid, employee information and payroll, college budgets and finances, and instruction.
ctcLink affected almost everyone across the campus. It impacted administrative processes, budget, HR, financial aid, registration, and much more.
What didn't change?
Many core instructional and administrative systems remain a part of our college's daily processes, including:
- Canvas - The college's centralized Learning Management System
- Radius - Application primarily used for outreach to prospective students
- Compass - Application used as an early alert, degree planner pathways support, and student communication tool
- 25Live - Centralized classroom scheduling application
- NeoGov - Hiring and Employment application system
- Library Catalog - Alma library management and catalog system
- Library Databases - users will still continue to access these databases using their Clipper ID
- CampusCE - Continuing Education enrollment and payment platform
- Directline/Megamation - Facilities application used to track assets and locations as well as facilities work ticketing