Would you like to enter into a career that embraces artistic creativity? Do you like being part of a team? Does entering a field with countless career opportunities worldwide appeal to you? Do you thrive on immediate appreciation gained from excelling at your craft? If your answer to these questions is yes, your personal strengths align with a career in the hospitality industry.
Beyond the classroom
Our Culinary Arts program will give you experience in a working kitchen. Take a look around while students prepare food and serve it in SPSCC's seated dining room, The Percival Restaurant.
What's different at SPSCC?
- Gain professional experience in a fully equipped professional kitchen.
- Learn from dedicated instructors who teach at the highest level of current industry standards.
- Work in two onsite restaurants with instruction based around revolving seasonal menus and special events.
- Excel in a flexible learning environment that promotes creativity and innovation.
- Study in an ACF accredited culinary school where you’ll learn all the skills demanded by today’s culinary industry.
- Worker retraining funds. Some Culinary students qualify for worker retraining, which helps pay for tuition, fees, books, supplies and more. Learn if you qualify for Worker Retraining >
Careers in Culinary Arts
Check out Career Coach to discover careers related to your interests in this subject. Learn more about what you'll do in the industry, how much you can earn, and view job postings in and around Thurston County.
Degrees & Certificates
Department/Division ContactSocial Sciences and Business