What is the difference between Graduation Ceremony and Degree Posting?
Graduation Commencement Ceremony - Commencement
- Graduation Information: Call 360-596-5520
- Graduation Commencement Ceremony is the Celebration held in June for all graduates
- Participation in the Graduation Commencement Ceremony is Optional and is Not Official verification of graduation since grades are not posted at the time the ceremony is held and some may have classes remaining and requirements still needed.
- Information will be updated yearly in May on the Commencement webpage
- Your Name and Degree may be listed on the Graduation Commencement Program List - you must apply for Graduation by April 30 - Graduation Application
- NOTE in Degree Audit if application is received: https://spscc.edu/students/degree-audit
- Graduation High and Highest Honors may be listed in Commencement Program
- Honors based on College Level Grade Point Average, see last line View your transcript
- 3.75-3.89 GPA High Honor Silver Cord, 3.9-4.0 GPA Highest Honor White Cord
Degree/Certificate Posting - view my grades/unofficial transcript
- The posting of your degree/certificate on your transcript is your official confirmation of completion and will be posted on the bottom of your transcript View your transcript
- Congratulations email will be sent to your my.spscc.edu college account. Check often.
- If requirements have been met, your degree/certificate will appear on your transcript sometime during the quarter after you finish classes.
- Processes may take longer for spring graduates due to the higher volume of applicants.
- Transferred in credits will appear on your transcript at time of posting.
- Unless otherwise specified by the program planning guide, students must complete at least 30 credits at SPSCC to be granted an Associate’s degree or the last 15 credits at SPSCC to be granted a certificate.
- Official Transcripts after Degree posted: https://spscc.edu/students/transcripts-verifications
- Please note if your application has been denied, contact advisor, register for remaining classes, and re-apply for graduation when remaining graduation requirements are in progress (there is a possibility of new requirements if a break of 2 quarters or more).
Diplomas – expect diploma to arrive in your mail box several months after last quarter
- Diplomas mailed to you several months after requirements met, keep address up to date.
- Diplomas Printed with NAME Listed in System. Mailed to ADDRESS on graduation application.
- Please keep your info up-to-date and inform firstname.lastname@example.org when updating.
- If you apply late, or any delay in posting of degree - this may delay diploma order.
- Diplomas and transcripts are not released if a student has unmet financial obligations.
- NOTE: If your address is NOT correct and your Diploma is mailed to the wrong address and you do not receive it, you will be subject to a $10 Diploma Replacement Fee.