Residency for American Indians

American Indian students who meet the following two conditions are eligible to pay resident tuition at colleges and universities in Washington State:

  • For a period of one year immediately prior to enrollment at a state institution of higher education, you must have been domiciled in one or a combination of the following states: Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington.
  • You must be a member of a federally recognized Indian tribe, as determined under Title 25 of the Code of Federal Regulations (25CFR), whose traditional and customary tribal boundaries included portions of the state of Washington or whose tribe was granted reserved lands within the state of Washington.

If you qualify under these conditions, please complete the Resident Tuition for American Indian Students form.