In-state tuition using HB 1079

Students may be eligible to pay resident tuition rates if they meet all of the following 3 criteria:

  • Received a diploma from a Washington high school or the equivalent of a diploma in Washington State.
  • Lived in Washington for at least 3 calendar years (not school years) prior to receiving their diploma or its equivalent.
  • Continuously resided in Washington since receiving the high school diploma or its equivalent.

Students who meet all of the above criteria are required to provide a completed Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit to the Admissions Office verifying they will file an application to become a U.S. Permanent Resident at the earliest opportunity.