Credits from colleges (transfer) or high school

If you have transcripts from an accredited college, Advanced Placement (AP) credits, or International Baccalaureate (IB) credits, follow these steps to have your credits officially evaluated:

  1. APPLY for admission.
  1. REQUEST that official sealed copies of all previous college transcripts or Advanced Placement (AP) scores be sent directly to you or to the Enrollment Services office at SPSCC. Some colleges and universities may have the ability to send their transcripts electronically to SPSCC. If sent directly through an approved electronic method, SPSCC will accept electronic transcripts.

    Submitting official transcripts:
    Hard Copy:
    Enrollment Services
    South Puget Sound Community College
    2011 Mottman Road SW
    Olympia WA 98512
  1. SUBMIT the Transfer of Credit form to the One-Stop in Building 22 or at the Lacey campus once all of your transcripts have been received by you or by SPSCC. The evaluation takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks to complete. You will be notified through email when your evaluation is complete or if Enrollment Services needs additional information regarding your coursework.

Questions regarding the completed evaluation may be directed to the credentials evaluators in Enrollment Services at

  • Courses will only be accepted from colleges accredited by one of the regional Associations of Schools and Colleges. If you have experience or credits from non-accredited colleges, you may want to pursue Credit for Non-Traditional Learning. Contact or see Transferring Credits for more information.
  • Credits involving technical or professional education must have been earned within the last 10 years.
  • Only courses with passing grades may transfer. Some academic programs have higher grade requirements.
  • Grades and credits accepted in transfer are not included in the calculation of the SPSCC grade point average.