The Emergency Operations Team is planning a Lockdown Drill at both Olympia and Lacey campuses.
The Lockdown Drill will happen on Wednesday, Feb. 7, at 2:00 p.m.
Here’s what this will mean across both campuses:
- e2Campus will send email and text alerts to subscribers and AlertUs notifications will appear on campus computer screens/projectors
- Everyone on both campuses should seek a safe and secure space immediately and:
- Turn off lights;
- Lock doors and close windows (physical locks only, electronic locks will automatically be secured by Security); and
- Silence cell phones;
- The Lockdown Drill is estimated to last 5 to 10 minutes. People should continue to stay locked down until an “All Clear” message is sent via e2Campus, AlertUs, and the campus Shoretel phone system.
Between now and Feb. 7, here’s what you can do to prepare:
- Ensure that you’ve subscribed to e2Campus and your subscription is up to date: https://www.e2campus.net/my/spscc/;
- Make a safety plan for your office or classroom; and
- Contact Rob Shailor, Director of Security, with any questions.
We understand that this drill coincides with classes and other activities, but it is important for the safety of our entire campus community that we take this opportunity to test our emergency systems and procedures. Our expectation is that everyone on campus at this time will participate. We appreciate your cooperation and assistance with this critical exercise.