Last year, the SPSCC Foundation awarded more scholarships and grants than ever, totaling over $525,000! Awards range from $100 to $4,000. All scholarships and grants are awarded contingent upon availability of funds. Unfortuately, Running Start students are not eligible for Foundation scholarships at this time.
Steps to Apply for Foundation Scholarships
Students apply for all available scholarships through one application.
- Log in to SPSCC AcademicWorks using your SPSCC log-in credentials.
- Complete the General Application and include your Application Essay and two Letters of Recommendation. All three files should be in PDF format.
- Once you submit your application, check your college @spscc.edu email account for information regarding award offer emails and other deadlines.
- All applicants will receive a notice on whether they've received a scholarship or not beginning on the date noted in the section below.
Steps to Accept Foundation Scholarships
If you've received a scholarship offer, students must complete the following acceptance process in order to receive the scholarship.
- Accept the scholarship by logging in at SPSCC AcademicWorks.
- Write a thank you letter in the area provided in your AcademicWorks account.
- Review the online Scholarship Orientation and complete the Scholarship Orientation Survey.
- Attend the Scholarship Reception. You will be contacted by email with further details.
- Acknowledge any special requirements for the scholarship, such as:
- Minimum grade point average (GPA)
- Academic and leadership achievement
- Registration in a minimum number of credits
- Educational purpose - program or degree
- Attend service group meeting or special event related to the donor of the scholarship
For a full list of SPSCC Foundation grants and scholarships, see All Opportunities.