The use of alcoholic beverages on campus shall conform to the following:
- South Puget Sound Community College reserves the right to permit the use of alcoholic beverages on the campus, as deemed appropriate.
- Alcohol may not be served at an employee or student event on campus during regular work hours (8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
- Employees of the college who are required to work at an event where alcohol is served shall not consume alcohol.
- Employees of the college who are being compensated for time spent at an event where alcohol is served shall not consume alcohol; it is presumed that exempt and salaried employees are not being compensated if the event occurs outside regular work hours (8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
- When approved by the President or other designee, alcoholic beverages may be served by a recognized student organization, college administrative unit, or community organization.
- Approval of alcoholic beverages on campus must be requested at least fourteen (14) working days prior to the date of use. Each program event will be limited to beer, alcohol, and wine service purchased in conjunction with food.
- All requests from student organizations are to be filed with the office of the Vice President for Student Services. All other requests are to be filed with the President's Office. If the request is congruent with the best interests of the requesting organization and the college, the request may be approved by the President or other designee.
- The application for use of alcoholic beverages on campus must be completed by an authorIzed representative of the organization who accepts responsibility for compliance with the college and other governmental rules and regulations, where applicable, and agrees to be present at the specific function.
- The President or designee shall be available at functions where alcoholic beverages are being served, and has the authority to make decisions that might arise concerning college policies or procedures.
- The President or designee shall designate the specific location for the distribution of alcoholic beverages at approved events. A driver's license with picture or a state or federal identification card will be the only acceptable forms of identification to obtain access to the designated distribution locations.
- Alcoholic beverages will be served and consumed only in a designated area.
- All sales and use of alcoholic beverages will be in accordance with the Washington State law, as required by the Washington State Liquor Control Board and other legal entities.
- Nonalcoholic beverages will be available to persons under legal age at all college events where alcoholic beverages are served.
- The college reserves the right to require that security is provided at any function where alcoholic beverages are being served.
- No person who is under the influence of alcohol or other substances, or who is disorderly in conduct, shall be allowed to serve, consume, or dispense alcoholic beverages.
The purpose of this policy is to inform the distribution and use of alcohol on campus for the safety and security of SPSCC.
This policy is intended for all faculty, staff, and subcontractors of the College.