The Technology Fee was instituted Fall 2013 to support expenditures on campus technology to support teaching and learning.
All requests for Technology Fee funding will be vetted by the Chief Information Officer. The request will be reivewed by the full Executive Team for funding approval.
Guiding Principles for Technology Fee Expenditures:
- The technology fee is to be used for purchases to support software, hardware, other devices, and other technology needs that support the student population - Examples include:
- The purchase of the Library's new catalog system which serves all students
- Support for the classroom computer lifecycle program.
- The purchase and maintenance of software and hardware for classroom and lab computers, including software and hardware used to image and/or test classroom and lab computers.
- The salaries of technical support for classrooms and the student help desk
- Technology fee purchases should be demonstrably supportive of the College's strategic plan, operation plan, and core themes
- Percentages may be prescribed to cost based on a formula that accurately reflects the cost attributed to support the student population.
To provide guidance in the stewardship of the student technology fee to support campus technology purchases aligned with the College's strategic plan
All Faculty and Staff who seek funding for technology from the Technology Fee