IMPORTANT NOTE: Because of Accessible Technology laws and procedures, requests for any technology must be submitted with sufficient time to test and procure appropriate accessibility information PRIOR TO PURCHASE. Please also see the Accessible Technology Procurement Procedures.
- Requestor submits a Help Desk Ticket to request IT-related product. This includes all software, hardware, devices, web-based or other media-based technologies.
- Help Desk assigns ticket to Technician. In less than 60 minutes during business hours. Otherwise next business day.
- Technician contacts Requestor and their supervisor for any necessary clarification and to determine product compatibility. Within 4 hours.
- Technician contacts the vendor for a quote. Within 1 hour.
- Technician simultaneously requests that Vendor submit a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template for each product quoted. (see Accessible Technology Procurement Procedures).
- Vendor’s quote is sent to Requestor. Time varies based upon vendor.
- Requestor’s budget manager approves purchase by providing Technician/Help Desk the budget code (in writing via email).
- Technician creates Purchase Request (PR) for CIO’s signature. Within one hour of receipt of quote if all departmental information is known.
- PR is sent to Purchasing. Within one hour of receipt of quote if all departmental information is known.
- Purchasing sends Technician and Help Desk order confirmation with the Field Order Number.
- Receiving coordinates delivery with IT Services.
- IT product is delivered to the agreed upon location.
- Technician handles any configuration or setup required/requested. Within two business days based upon availability of customer contact.
- Installation Technician schedules an appointment with the Requestor to install or configure new product.
- To ensure all purchases related to the college's computer network comply with applicable laws and policies.
- To ensure compatibility with the current configurations within the computer network
- To adequately satisfy the requestor's needs and expectations
Technologies that must be accessible: ALL computer hardware - laptops, desktops, devices, monitors, keyboards, mice, computer speakers, printers, phones, headsets, etc. ALL software and web-based resources, ALL videos, etc. ALL applications, whether purchased from a vendor or created in-house.