IMPORTANT NOTE: Because of Accessible Technology laws and procedures, requests for any technology must be submitted with sufficient time to test and procure appropriate accessibility information PRIOR TO PURCHASE. Please also see the Accessible Technology Procurement Procedures.
Request and Assessment
- A requestor submits a Help Desk Ticket to request IT-related product(s). This includes all software, hardware, devices, web-based or other media-based technologies.
- IT staff will respond to the requestor within two business days from when the ticket is submitted with follow up questions or next steps (see step 4).
- IT staff will request a quote for the requested technology and send to the Requestor (via the ticket). Time varies based upon vendor.
- If warranted, IT staff will conduct a product assessment to ensure the requested technology meets security and accessibility standards identified in the Technology Purchasing Policy.
Purchase and Installation
- Once approved, the requestor can submit a Purchase Request using the quote provided.
- Upon purchase, IT will create a service ticket to track the purchase and installation steps and email the requestor with this information.
- Device delivery is coordinated between Receiving, IT Services, and the requestor.
- For hardware purchases, IT product is delivered to the agreed upon location.
- IT Technician coordinates product configuration and schedules installation with the requestor.
- To ensure all purchases related to the college's computer network comply with applicable laws and policies.
- To ensure compatibility with the college network infrastructure.
- To ensure student and employee data are protected.
- To adequately satisfy the requestor's needs and expectations.
Technologies that must be natively accessible or accessible through the use of reasonable accommodation or assistive devices: ALL computer hardware - laptops, desktops, devices, monitors, keyboards, mice, computer speakers, printers, phones, headsets, etc. ALL software and web-based resources, ALL videos, etc. ALL applications, whether purchased from a vendor or created in-house.