The College Fuel Program is for use by college vehicles on official college business. Effective February 2017 the College will be utilizing the services of an off-campus vendor to provide fuel for college owned vehicles.
- Each authorized college vehicle will have an assigned fuel card.
- Each department must submit a list of authorized users to the Facilities Department (Program Coordinator) at the beginning of fall quarter or as authorized users are added/updated; granting permission for the respective department's employees to fuel vehicles.
- Authorized users must check out a fuel card to access the off-site fuel. Cards can be checked out from the Facilities Department (Building 14) Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (holidays excluded). It is advisable to fill up for the weekend prior to 4:30 p.m. on Friday. Please see the Program Coordinator or Administrative Assistant to check out a fuel card.
- Authorized users must sign, date and note which card they are requesting when they check the card out.
- To access the pump, the employee must use the fuel card and enter their unique assigned PIN number and the odometer reading of the vehicle they are fueling. If an incorrect odometer reading for that vehicle is detected by the fueling program, the customer will need to contact the Program Coordinator for assistance.
- The fuel card must be returned to the Facilities Department immediately upon completion of fueling. The employee will then record the sign-out time and sign their name.
- The cost of the fuel will be charged back to the respective department/account(s). These charges are based upon the amount of fuel used and the price per gallon at the time of usage.
- At the end of each month, expenses will be calculated (using fuel pump records, sign-in sheets, and price
per gallon on relevant dates) for the quantity of fuel used.
- The records used to calculate chargebacks will be available to each department using the College Fuel Program.