Monday, September 28, 2015
Process for scheduling an accommodated test
- Determination of a testing accommodation is done by Access Services (x5306)
- Access Services creates the LOA (Letter of Accommodation) and sends it to student, instructor, and the Assessment Center.
After the LOA is provided by Access Services to the instructor, the student is responsible for speaking with the instructor about their need for accommodated testing and determining the general timing of the test.
Once the student and faculty determine the general time frame for testing, the student contacts the Assessment Center to schedule the test.
Finally, the student will communicate with the faculty member, the date and time of their scheduled exam.
The instructor sends the test to the Assessment Center with exam instructions, using a cover sheet or email.
After the student has completed the test, the Assessment Center returns the completed test to the instructor.
If the student does not show up to take the test, the Assessment Center will communicate this to the instructor.
Procress for scheduling a make-up test
- Instructor contacts the Assessment Center with the student information allowed to schedule a make-up exam.
- The actual exam and exam instructions can be sent at this time.
- Student is then responsible for scheduling with the Assessment Center and communicating with their instructor the day and time they are testing.
- If instructor has not sent the exam to the Assessment Center with instructions, this is done after the student has scheduled the date and time.
- After the student has completed the test, the Assessment Center returns the completed test to the instructor.
Exam instructions must include the following:
- Name of student
- Testing detail
- Example: Aides (notes, books, calculator, etc.), time allowed, confirmation of date the exam is taken
- How the test will be returned
- Instructor pick-up
- Campus Mail
- Scanned & e-mail (please note this may take 24 hours to process)