Running Start students may apply for a Fee Waiver if they meet the income criteria for the USDA WIC program. See Income Eligibility Guidelines. The waiver does not include all fees.
How to apply for a Fee Waiver
- Submit the Fee Waiver & Book Loan Application (below) once annually, online, and prior to the first tuition due date.
- Submit eligibility documentation to the One Stop Desk in Building 22, or scan and email to email@example.com. Applications will not be processed until one of the following is received:
- Approval letter for food stamps (BFET), TANF benefits, or documentation of the last 3 months of of benefits
- Free/Reduced Lunch approval letter for the current school year
- Copy of first page of previous year’s tax return, showing list of dependents and total adjusted income
How to apply for a Book Loan
A student must qualify for the Fee Waiver in order to apply for a book loan. Use the Fee Waiver & Book Loan Application (below).
The Fee Waiver & Book Loan Application must be completed once quarterly, online, three weeks prior to the first day of the quarter.
Each quarter, the college assesses incoming applications and purchases needed books based on available funding. Initially, each student will receive one book for loan from our Book Loan Library. Once each student has one book, the library can offer additional books to students.
Students agree that:
- Book loans are valid for ONE quarter. Books are due back to the book loan coordinator by the last day of finals.
- Failure to return a book by the due date revokes the student’s right to request future books.
- The college only provides reusable text books. The program is not eligible for materials such as electronic key codes, workbooks, lab materials, etc.
- Students must keep books in good condition and not mark, highlight, or alter loaned books.
- While we work to serve as many qualifying applicants as possible, we cannot guarantee book availability.
- Students should plan to secure funds for the expense of their books in the event that the Book Loan Library does not have the book(s) available for the quarter needed.
- Students must be enrolled in courses for the upcoming quarter. If the student changes courses after submitting the application, they cannot leverage a book loan for new courses.
Important Dates for Fee Waiver & Book Loan
|Spring 2018||Fall 2018||Winter 2019|
|Fee Waiver & Book Loan Application with documentation due by 5:00 pm||Mar 13||Aug 28||Dec 11|
|Approval/Denial for Fee Waiver & Book Loan sent to student||Mar 23||Sep 7||Dec 21|
If the application and/or documentation is turned in after the above deadline, the student must pay all owing fees/tuition on the account to stay in their courses. Students will be refunded 100% of the overpayment as long as the application and documentation is received no later than the 10th day of the quarter. Refunds take a minimum of two weeks to process after fee waiver approval. To check on the status of your refund, contact the Business Office at 360-596-5246.
|Applications turned in after after the 10th day of the quarter will be processed for the subsequent quarter and will be valid for the remainder of the academic year.|