Do you want to be an exceptional teacher for children? By studying Early Childhood Education at SPSCC, you will be a part of a diverse group of students who want to be part of teaching children between ages birth and 8. You will work with professors and teachers who are long-time and current practitioners of early childhood care in classes that are rooted both in theory and in practical, real-world experience.
What’s different at SPSCC?
Studies are flexible to fit into your life. Our program offers a combination of face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses. Classes are held in the day and evenings, so you can work while you study toward your career in early childhood education.
Instructors are focused on you. Instructors are passionate and knowledgeable in early childhood education and Washington State requirements for educators. Get advising support from instructors and build relationships that will last into your career.
Get scholarships to study. There are scholarships available for students already working in the childcare field, and some for those that are just starting out in the field.
Get extra support with our I-BEST program. The Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training (I-BEST) program is a nationally-recognized teaching model that provides two instructors in first year classes – one focusing on the professional and technical material of your program, and the other helping you strengthen skills in English, writing, and math.
Careers in Early Childhood Education
Check out Career Coach to discover careers related to your interests in this subject. Learn more about what you'll do in the industry, how much you can earn, and view job postings in and around Thurston County. Or, check out this ECE Career Planning Portal.
Degrees & Certificates
- Early Childhood Education (Associate in Applied Science)
- Early Childhood Education - AAS-T (Associate in Applied Science -- T)
- State Early Childhood Education (Certificate of Completion)
- State Short Early Childhood Education - Administration (Certificate of Proficiency)
- State Short Early Childhood Education - Family Child Care (Certificate of Proficiency)
- State Short Early Childhood Education - Home Visiting and Family Engagement (Certificate of Proficiency)
- State Short Early Childhood Education - Infant and Toddlers (Certificate of Proficiency)
- State Short Early Childhood Education - School Age Care (Certificate of Proficiency)
Department/Division ContactSocial Sciences and Business