This road map is intended to introduce you to the ways we communicate at SPSCC and give you some pointers on how to stay up-to-date on what’s going on.
Here's how we share big news, feature students/staff/alumni, and promote upcoming events.
Our website is the hub for information about SPSCC. Even though prospective students are our #1 audience, you can leverage the website to view:
- Upcoming Events – on the bottom of the home page you will see featured "Upcoming Events". We also publish a more comprehensive Events Calendar.
- News – read the latest news about SPSCC.
- Employee Information – The Faculty & Staff Employees section houses HR and Business Office forms and information, Canvas login, IT helpdesk, conference room reservations, and more.
- Directory – All staff have their own page in our Directory. Basic info is auto-populated (title, department, phone, location), but you have the ability to add a photo and bio so students can recognize your friendly face.
Soundwaves is a quarterly print publication that is distributed to every household in Thurston County. Each issue has feature content, admissions information, and previews of upcoming events. Check out all of our digital publications on ISSUU.
SPSCC also uses several internal communication channels to keep current students, staff, and faculty abreast of important information.
Every staff member and student receives an @spscc.edu email address. Check this often as this is the most common way we send notices about important issues or topics impacting our campus. If you're away from your desk, you can check email by going to O365.spscc.edu or by downloading the Outlook app on your mobile device.
Yammer is an internal social community that allows faculty and staff to share internal updates, stories, and have conversations. It is home to information about ongoing projects and is a great place to share ideas and feedback about what’s happening around campus. Creating an account is easy and there’s even a mobile app.
Omnilert is our primary emergency notification system. Omnilert alerts are issued via text and/or email when there is an incident or an identified security risk affecting the college community or facilities. Sign up to receive these important alerts.
Ways to Connect on Campus
And, of course, one of the best ways to stay informed is to attend the multiple campus-wide meetings. Keep an eye on your email for exact dates and times, but the most common annual opportunities are:
- Kickoff Week welcome event
- Quarterly All-Campus Forums
- All-Faculty meetings
- Board of Trustee meetings
- Holiday celebrations
Contact SPSCC Public Relations
For more information on any of the channels listed here, brand guidelines, or any other communication questions, please contact our Public Relations office.