This road map is intended to introduce you to the ways we communicate at SPSCC and give you some pointers on how to stay up-to-date on what’s going on.
There are many avenues we use to communicate with broad audience groups—students, staff and faculty, potential students, community members, etc. These are where we share big news, profiles of interesting students/staff/alumni, and information about upcoming events.
- Upcoming Events – on the bottom of the home page you will see featured "Upcoming Events"—these are the biggest happenings on campus. We also publish a more comprehensive Events Calendar that lists important dates and events that are open to the public.
- News – our website is also home to all of the latest news about SPSCC.
- Employee Information – The Faculty & Staff Employees section is a portal to much of what we need in our day-to-day interactions. HR and Business Office forms and information, Canvas login, IT helpdesk, conference room reservations… so much to see.
- Directory – All staff have a page in our Directory. The basics are auto-populated (title, department, phone, location), but you have the ability to add a photo and some biographical information so students can recognize your friendly face.
SPSCC is active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Be sure to follow us if you use any of these channels! We also have a Social Media Directory on the website so you can follow accounts hosted by programs, departments, and clubs.
The Advance is a quarterly print publication that is distributed to every household in Thurston County. Each issue has feature content, admissions information, and previews of upcoming events. Check out our other digital publications and follow us on ISSUU.
SPSCC also uses several internal communication channels to keep current students, staff, and faculty abreast of important information.
Every staff member and student receives an @spscc.edu email address. Be sure to check this often as this is the most common place we will send notices about important issues or topics impacting our campus. If you're away from your desk, you can always check email by going to O365.spscc.edu or by downloading the Outlook app on your mobile device.
Yammer is an online social community that allows our faculty and staff to share internal updates, stories, and have conversations. It is home to information about ongoing projects and is a great place to share ideas and feedback about what’s happening around campus. Creating an account is easy and there’s even a mobile app.
e2Campus is our primary emergency notification system. e2Campus alerts are issued (via text and/or email) when there is an incident or an identified security risk affecting college community or facilities. The service is free and anyone can sign up to receive these important alerts.
Ways to Connect on Campus
And, of course, one of the best ways to stay informed is to attend the multiple campus-wide meetings. Keep an eye on your email for exact dates and times, but the most common annual opportunities are:
- Kickoff Week Welcome Event;
- Quarterly All-Campus Forums;
- All-Faculty meetings;
- Board of Trustee meetings; and
- Holiday celebrations.
Contact SPSCC Public Relations
For more information on any of the channels listed here, brand guidelines, or any other communication questions, feel free to contact our Public Relations office.