Transfer Credits

SPSCC accepts transfer credits from other programs and colleges and may award credit for training and professional experience.

Complete the Transfer of Credit form when you have credits from accredited colleges, military training (AARTS or SMARTS), the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Advanced Placement (AP), Tech Prep Articulated Programs, or College in High School accredited programs.

Submitting official transcripts:


Hard Copy:
Enrollment Services
South Puget Sound Community College
2011 Mottman Road SW
Olympia WA 98512

Complete the CALE form when when you have credits from non-accredited colleges or other formal professional training experience.

Complete a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) form when you have knowledge or skills gained through life experience that may equal the knowledge gained through courses at SPSCC.

College Level Exam Program (CLEP)

The College Level Exam Program allows students to show proficiency in certain subject matter. We offer the online version of the CLEP exams, there are 34 tests available. College credits are awarded if you get a minimum score on the test. Please check with your institution to see what they will accept and what the minimum score is that they will accept.

The CLEP test is offered on a walk-in basis, during regular CPT testing times. The College Board charges $80 for the CLEP exam and the Assessment Center charges $35 for administering the test.