DEIC Work Study Job Description
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Center (DEIC) is accepting applications for a part-time administrative work-study. This position’s primary role will be to assist with clerical and administrative support, including greeting students and visitors; answering phone calls; managing the DEIC internal appointment schedule; and marketing/resource sharing via department social media platforms. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for copying, filing, data entry, special program-specific projects, and recording meeting minutes when applicable.
Qualified candidates must be a current South Puget Sound Community College student at the time of appointment and maintain a minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is also required. The preferred candidate will also possess the following skills:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a confidential, professional manner
- Ability to listen empathetically and respond reflectively
- Ability to manage administrative tasks with efficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as an effective team player
- A sense of punctuality
- Must be available to attend orientation during first week of fall quarter
- Provide clerical administrative support for DEIC staff as well as Peer mentors
- Post promotional digital event flyers on social media
- Take pictures of DEIC events for social media posts
- Participate in the DLI/student leadership program by attending required events
- Check bulletin board weekly to remove outdated flyers
- Attend all meetings with DEIC or Student Services staff as required.
- Greet students and visitors when working inside of the DEIC
- Manage (internal) department calendar
- Assist with managing marketing/resource sharing via approved social media platforms
- Closing shifts are required to tidy up and clean the center
- Table three times a quarter to promote the DEIC services and events
- Homework is permitted however job duties are a priority
The DEIC administrative work-study will receive an hourly wage based on a predetermined student award amount of work-study eligibility. This award will determine the amount of hours per week you may work. Students receive an award based upon personal financial circumstance. The minimum credit load to qualify for tuition benefits is 6 credits (not to exceed 18 credits per quarter). Administrative work-studies will be expected to work up to their allocated hours per week on campus during business hours.
Complete the online application and submit a resume and reference letter. Following the review of all applications, interviews will be scheduled with selected applicants who meet the qualifications. Interviews will last no more than 30-45 minutes. Please monitor your email in regards to your application materials.
Questions about the position or the application process should be directed to: Parfait Bassale @ 360-596-5356, email@example.com.