All students are welcome. When you visit the DEIC, you’ll engage with a diverse group, be part of an inclusive culture, and get support for your own educational goals and development.
The A. Barbara Clarkson Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Center (DEIC) is committed to supporting the college mission to advance equity and embrace diversity.
Parfait Bassale, Director, Director, Barbara Clarkson, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Center
Quinton Neal, Assistant Director, Assistant Director of the Barbara Clarkson, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Center
Amita Chakravarty, Educational Planner of the Ignite & Black Scholars Programs
Event Interns & Office Assistants
- Currently enrolled student
- Enrolled in minimum 6 credits each quarter (12 credits for International students)
- Cumulative and quarterly GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Commit to a year-long position
- Commit to Fall orientation & trainings
- For the academic year 2020-2021 the dates are August 31st – September 11th
(2) Internship Positions
- Beat Intern Position
- QTOPIA Intern Position
- April 6th – April 13th Applications open
- April 14th – Applications close
- April 20th-21st
- Interviews January: Start of QTOPIA internship
- May: Start of Beat internship
(6) Peer Mentor Positions & (1) Front Desk Assistant position
- April 15th – May 15th Peer Mentor, Front Desk Assistant Applications open
- May 15th Peer Mentor, Front Desk Assistant Applications Application Closes at Noon
- May 18th- 20th Screening Committee (selecting finalists for Peer mentors/ Front Desk)
- May 25th – 27th Peer mentor Interviews
- May 28th – 29th Front Desk Assistant Interviews
- August 31-September 11th: Fall 2020 Orientation. Students must make every attempt to be at training.
- September 14th: Start of Peer Mentor job
Questions about the DEIC positions or the application process should be directed to Quinton Neal 360-596-5324, firstname.lastname@example.org
Demands on DEIC staff are many. After academics, these positions should take next priority; therefore, staff are asked to consider potential conflicts with additional employment and consult with DEIC staff regarding work/life/school balance.
Student Hourly wage
Peer mentors: $13.5 per hour and work up to 15 hours per week. Interns & Office Assistant: $14 per hour and work up to 19 hours per week depending on award letter.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Center will:
- Be a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion.
- Provide expertise and leadership on diversity and inclusion related matters; for example, engagement, retention, and learning.
- Lead College-wide programming efforts, resulting in a collaborative and inclusive vision of diversity and inclusion.
- Identify strategies to enhance and nurture the compositional diversity profile and inclusive experience of students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide resources and direction for infusing diversity into the curriculum.
- Strategically design and implement the Center’s programs to increase student retention and completion.