All students are welcome. When you visit the DEIC, you’ll engage with a diverse group, be part of an inclusive culture, and get support for your own educational goals and development.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Center (DEIC) is committed to supporting the college mission to advance equity and embrace diversity.
Brown Bag Chats
Join us for weekly Brown Bag Chats where students, staff and faculty meet to talk about current news and social issues related to the impact of racism, sexism, heterosexism, ableism, and other forms of oppression. In a guided discussion, you'll learn to exchange and hear various perspectives and lived experiences in a safe and respectful space.
When & Where: Wednesdays from 12 – 1 p.m. in the DEIC (Bldg. 22, 2nd floor).
DEIC Peer Mentors are students who reach out to welcome new students. In addition to planning events and activities, Peer Mentors keep the DEIC open and maintain its positive and inclusive atmosphere.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Center will:
- Be a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion.
- Provide expertise and leadership on diversity and inclusion related matters; for example, engagement, retention, and learning.
- Lead College-wide programming efforts, resulting in a collaborative and inclusive vision of diversity and inclusion.
- Identify strategies to enhance and nurture the compositional diversity profile and inclusive experience of students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide resources and direction for infusing diversity into the curriculum.
- Strategically design and implement the Center’s programs to increase student retention and completion.