Student leadership at SPSCC is about representing your peers and creating resources for the campus community.
- Student Senate
- Campus Activities Board
- The Sounds Student Newspaper
- Emerging Leader Series
- Apply for Student Life Jobs
Student Senate works with clubs and organizations to bring events to campus, allocate funding, and acts as student government.
of Clubs & Organizations
of Legislative Affairs
of Diversity & Equity
Campus Activities Board
The Campus Activities Board (CAB) plans and hosts a variety of events, lectures, and programs throughout the year. It provides social, recreational, and educational events to enhance college experiences.
The Sounds Student Newspaper
The Sounds is an independently organized news service run by students at SPSCC. The Sounds produces its own news stories and publication and also accepts submissions from students, staff, faculty, and the community. Want to see your own work in The Sounds? Send your story ideas, photography, articles, or other work to email@example.com.
Emerging Leader Series
The Office of Student Life is excited to bring back the Emerging Leader Series for the 2019-20 school year. The series delivers transferable skills to students by empowering them to become better leaders within themselves and the community.
As students begin to engage in this series, students will:
- Learn skills to communicate effectively to express themselves, develop relationships and manage conflicts.
- Learn to identify and apply basic leadership theory and application by completing a pre- and post-test in relation to leadership skills.
- Complete activities to demonstrate these competencies during our training sessions.
Workshop Schedule and Topic Areas:
- October 3, 1:00-3:00 pm, in 27-119 - Intro to Leadership Theory – Jadon Berry - Register Here
- October 17, 1:00-3:00 pm, in 27-119 - Understanding of Self as a Leader – Jen Manley - Register Here
- November 7, 1:00-3:00 pm, in 27-119 - Group Development & Team Dynamics – Dave Pelkey
- November 14, 1:00-3:00 pm, in 27-119 - Understanding Privilege: Exploring Bias, Micro-aggressions and Intersectionality - Linda Villegas Bremer
- January 16, 1:00-3:00 pm, in 27-119 - Conflict Management - Parfait Bassale
- January 30, 1:00-3:00 pm, in 27-119 - Ethical Decision Making – Robert Lane
- February 13, 1:00-3:00 pm, in 27-119 - Transferable Skills: How to market your experience - Sally, Torrence, Sarah
- February 27, 1:00-3:00 pm, in 27-119 - Community Engagement: How to make meaningful connections - Shannon Glenn