Student leadership at SPSCC is about representing your peers and creating resources for the campus community.
- Student Senate
- Campus Activities Board
- The Sounds Student Newspaper
- Emerging Leader Series
- Apply for Student Life Jobs
Student Senate works with clubs and organizations to bring events to campus, allocate funding, and acts as student government.
of Clubs & Organizations
of Diversity & Equity
Campus Activities Board
The Campus Activities Board (CAB) plans and hosts a variety of events, lectures, and programs throughout the year. It provides social, recreational, and educational events to enhance college experiences.
The Sounds Student Newspaper
The Sounds is an independently organized news service run by students at SPSCC. The Sounds produces its own news stories and publication and also accepts submissions from students, staff, faculty, and the community. Want to see your own work in The Sounds? Send your story ideas, photography, articles, or other work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emerging Leader Series
The Office of Student Life hosts an annual Emerging Leader Series during fall and winter quarters.
Purpose: To deliver transferable skills to students by empowering them to become better leaders within themselves and the community. As students begin to engage in this series, students will:
- Learn skills to communicate effectively to express themselves, develop relationships and manage conflicts.
- Hone the ability to identify and apply basic leadership theory and application by completing a pre- and post-test in relation to leadership skills.
- Complete activities to demonstrate these competencies during our training sessions.
The 2019-2020 Emerging Leader Series is complete. Stay tuned for information regarding the 2020-2021 series coming in Fall Quarter 2020.