One way to learn about yourself is to complete a career assessment, which can help you:
- Define your personality, interests, and values.
- Demonstrate the connection between academic programs and career paths.
- Locate detailed information about various occupations.
The WSECU Center for Career Services offers the WOIS career assessment to explore careers, create goals for your future, make educational plans to reach your goals, and find the training programs and the right schools to help you achieve your dreams.
Exploring Career & Occupational Information
Use these tips and resources to get help identifying or clarifying your goals:
- Review the available majors at SPSCC to get started.
- Use ONET to research careers and employment projections; select skills and generate lists of possible occupations to gather ideas.
- Locate civilian career fields that connect with prior military experience by using the ONET Crosswalk.
- Learn about career paths from interviews with professionals in their career fields by using The Career Project.