Transcripts are released only if all financial obligations to South Puget Sound Community College have been met. Transcripts are withheld if any obligations to the college, financial or otherwise, are not fulfilled.
South Puget Sound Community College has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to enable current and former students to order and send their official SPSCC transcript. This site is not for GED transcripts (see GED section below).
Before ordering a transcript, please note the following:
Student ID or SSN
Students will need either their SPSCC Student ID number or Social Security Number (SSN) to place an order. If you do not know your Student ID number, and if we already have your SSN on file at SPSCC, you can look up your SID. If your SSN is not on file with SPSCC, this look up link will not work for you. If you need additional help with retrieving your Student ID number, you may contact Enrollment Services at 360-596-5241 for assistance.
Transcript requests will not be processed if you have any outstanding debt to the college.
Transcript orders will be processed within 3 to 5 business days from the date that you submit your request unless you have an outstanding financial debt to the college or unless you selected the option to Hold for Grades or to Hold for Degree. For information about additional mailing time, see below.
Additional Mailing Time
After your order has been processed, if you selected delivery by mail, additional mailing time applies. Transcripts mailed to locations within the United States will be sent via regular USPS First Class mail. Mailing times vary by location, but First Class mail typically takes between 1 to 4 business days (not counting weekends and holidays) to arrive at the destination following the date that your transcript was mailed. Transcripts sent to destinations outside of the United States may incur additional mailing time.
The following is a guideline. Pricing will vary for multiple transcripts sent to the same recipient within a single order.
Electronic Delivery transcripts and Hold for Pick Up orders cost $6.00 for the first transcript.
Transcripts mailed within the United States cost $8.00 for the first transcript.
Transcripts mailed outside of the United States cost $8.00 for the first transcript PLUS additional international shipping fees.
If you have an urgent request for a transcript, you may order one in person at the One Stop at the Olympia Campus or at the One Stop at the Lacey Campus. On-demand transcripts cost $25.00 each.
Colleges in Washington State
Most (not all) of the colleges in Washington State share an Electronic Data Interchange by which the colleges can send and receive electronic transcripts. This is the preferred method of delivery among the receiving colleges. If your transcript recipient is one of the participating colleges, we will send your transcript to them via this method upon receipt of your order via NSC.
Pick Up Transcripts in Person at SPSCC (Olympia Campus)
If you want to pick up your transcript at SPSCC in 3 to 5 business days, submit an order through NSC, and choose “Myself” as the recipient, and choose “Hold for Pick Up” as the delivery method. You will receive an email when your order has been processed and is ready at the Olympia campus. Bring photo ID with you to pick up your transcript.
Additional Documents to Include With Your Transcript
- Letters of Recommendation (will not be included)
Because these letters are not part of your academic record at SPSCC, we will not send them with official transcripts. Instead, you should send those letters directly to the admissions office of the other college to which you are applying.
- Centralized Application Processors (NursingCAS, LSAC, CASPA, etc.)
If you have a transcript matching form that needs to be included with your mailed transcript, or a Transcript ID number that needs to be included with your electronic transcript, see below.
Electronic (include Transcript ID number)
- Start your order with NSC.
- Choose electronic delivery when prompted for delivery method.
- When asked “Who are you sending your transcript to?”, choose Educational Organization, Application Service and Scholarships from the list.
- Select the appropriate organization (NursingCAS, LSAC, etc.) from the dropdown list.
- Enter your CAS number (Transcript ID) at the new prompt.
Mail (include transcript matching form)
- Start your order with NSC.
- Choose mail when prompted for delivery method (say no to electronic delivery).
- You will have the opportunity to attach/upload a copy of the transcript matching form your device as part of your NSC order.
- The copy of the form will then be included with your transcript when it is mailed.
An unofficial transcript is an unsigned copy of your academic record available at https://secure.spscc.edu/cis/access/waci002.html, login with your Student Identification Number (SID) and Global PIN (date of birth – mmddyy). If you do not know your SID, please refer to https://secure.spscc.edu/cis/access/waci240.html.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student records, which cannot be released without written permission and photo identification.
Self-Service Enrollment Verifications
Enrollment data is reported to the National Student Clearinghouse after the census date of each quarter, which is normally the tenth day of the quarter (eighth day during summer). After the census date, students can verify their own enrollment in the Clearinghouse Student Self-Service site at https://secure.spscc.edu/clear/.
Through the Student Self-Service site, students are able to:
- Print a current quarter enrollment verification certificate for health insurers, housing providers, or other organizations requiring proof of enrollment.
- Print a certificate of prior quarter enrollment history.
- View the enrollment information on file with the Clearinghouse.
- View the student loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to loan holders (lenders and guarantors).
- View the proof(s) of enrollment that the Clearinghouse has provided to health insurers and other providers of student services or products.
- View the specific information about student loans contacts.
After the census date, if you are enrolled in courses and unable to verify enrollment through the website above, please contact the One-Stop in Building 22. The One-Stop can also review good student discount verifications for insurance and other agencies. Students must bring necessary paperwork to be filled out.
Advanced Registration: If you need to verify your enrollment in the upcoming quarter prior to the census date, please visit the One Stop at either the Olympia or Lacey campus where an enrollment verification can be processed for you.
Military ID Card and Military Insurance Renewal:
- Complete and submit the Enrollment Verification form
- Students must provide a valid photo ID (ex: driver's license, student ID card, passport, military ID, etc.)
- If submitting request electronically, a copy of valid photo ID must be included with the request form.
- If photo ID is not readable, request may be denied until a readable copy is provided.
- Requests are to be submitted to Enrollment Services using one of the following methods:
- In person: One Stop, Building 22, Olympia Campus; One Stop, Building 1, Lacey Campus
- Fax to: (360) 596-5712
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org