Veteran & Military Education Benefits

South Puget Sound Community College is an approved institution to provide education and training benefits to veterans. Our Veterans Office helps those using education and training benefits by guiding students through the application process. Our school certifying officials work to be an instructional and advisory aid between the Department of Veteran Affairs and you as an SPSCC student.

Steps to Access Veteran Benefits

Prior to registration:

step 2

Get placement testing

step 3

Submit DD 214

Submit DD 214, member copy #4:

step 4

Submit Certificate of Eligibility

  • VA Certificate of Eligibility or clear print screen of congrats page of the application
step 5

Submit transcripts

Submit all transcripts for evaluation:

step 6

Review requirements for benefits

Benefit Specific Information:

At registration:

step 5

Submit Enrollment Certification

Submit Enrollment Certification (Quarterly):

  • Late registration or failure to submit this form at the time of registration can delay stipend payments and ability to be held in classes pending tuition payment from the VA.
  • Online submission:

First week of quarter:

step 5

Submit Attendance Verification

Submit Attendance Verification (Quarterly):