South Puget Sound Community College is an approved institution to provide education and training benefits to veterans. Our Veterans Office helps those using education and training benefits by guiding students through the application process. Our school certifying officials work to be an instructional and advisory aid between the Department of Veteran Affairs and you as an SPSCC student.
Steps to Access Veteran Benefits
Prior to registration:
Get placement testing
Submit DD 214
Submit DD 214, member copy #4:
Submit Certificate of Eligibility
- VA.gov: Certificate of Eligibility or clear print screen of congrats page of the application
Submit all transcripts for evaluation:
Register for Benefits Briefing
- Worker Retraining – Worker Retraining may be able to assist with funding. You may be eligible for Worker Retraining if you answer yes to one of the following questions: 1) Are you a Veteran that has separated in the last 48 months? 2) Are you a service member preparing to separate from the military?
Worker Retraining Eligibility Application
- Financial Aid
Submit Enrollment Certification
Submit Enrollment Certification (Quarterly):
- Late registration or failure to submit this form at the time of registration can delay stipend payments and ability to be held in classes pending tuition payment from the VA.
- Online submission: https://my.spscc.edu/form/vetcert
First week of quarter:
Submit Attendance Verification
Submit Attendance Verification (Quarterly):
- This document allows you to self-certify that you have commenced attendance in your classes.
- This verification triggers notification to VA for your tuition payment and BAH stipend.
- Please print and submit to the Veterans Office:
Confirmation of Attendance for Veterans Administration Education Benefits