Craft Brewing & Distilling
Phenomenal growth in the craft beer, cider, and spirits industries has led to a lot of local buzz. Washington State, a national and global leader in these areas, provides an ideal location to further grow these industries.
And just like any industry boom, education is needed to support the new workforce and funnel new jobs into the local economy.
That’s why SPSCC is excited to bring a newest associate degree program to the community: Craft Brewing and Distilling.
Students in the SPSCC Craft Brewing & Distilling program will work in world-class facilities with local brewers, distillers, and cider makers to learn what it takes to be part of the craft beverage community. Students get to combine interests in science, technology, business, and creativity, which are essential elements of the craft beverage industry.
Students from all over the country can be part of our program. We offer most classes online with just a few intensive weekends on-site in the Olympia, Wash., area. Request Info >>
SPSCC is proud to headquarter its Craft Brewing & Distilling program within the Craft District, alongside leading distilleries, cideries, and breweries, shops, restaurants, offices, and an outdoor amphitheater. SPSCC will lease part of a new 10,000 square foot space, which will include classrooms, labs, small scale production space, offices, a conference room, and more.
Students can also explore personal interests without earning credits toward a degree. Classes vary each quarter and cover a wide variety of topics. Check back for classes for Spring Quarter 2019.
Connect With Us
Craft Brewing & Distilling News
- Ninkasi Brewing coming to the Tumwater Craft District
- Beer for homework: SPSCC's new brewing and distilling program is breaking waves in the college arena
- Craft brewing students and local brewers promote women in beer
- SCJ Alliance is bringing Tumwater's Craft District to life
SPSCC is part of an Innovation Partnership Zone, led by the Thurston Economic Development Council, for Craft Brewing and Distilling, focused on creating opportunities for expansion and growth in this industry.
- Fish Brewing Company
- Hoh River Brewery
- Matchless Brewing
- O-Town Brewing
- Parsons Family Farm
- Salish Sea Organic Liqueurs
- Sandstone Distillery
- Shoebox Spirits
- Three Magnets Brewing
- Top Rung Brewing Company
- Triceratops Brewing Company
- Whitewood Cider
- City of Tumwater
- Thurston Economic Development Council
- Thurston County Chamber
- Port of Olympia
- Port of Seattle
- Cider Institute of North America
- American Craft Spirits Assocation
- Northwest Cider Association
- Washington Distillers Guild
- School of Food Science at Washington State University and University of Idaho