What is Campus Cares?
The Campus Cares campaign engages all SPSCC employees in donating to students to support scholarships, college programs, and emergency assistance.
In 2018, 24% of SPSCC employees participated in Campus Cares. Today, 40% of staff and faculty participate and contribute over $58,000 annually to support SPSCC students!
Join Your Colleagues Today
If you would like to participate in the Campus Cares Employee Giving Campaign, it is easy and impactful. There is no gift “too small” to participate and every donation extends our reach.
You can donate by:
Giving through payroll deduction. For more information or to participate in payroll deduction, visit this page.
Giving through debit credit card. One-time donations can be made by debit or credit card, allowing your contribution to immediately begin working for your chosen designation.
Making a legacy gift. Contact Michael Christensen, SPSCC Foundation's Major Gift Officer, at 360-596-5379 to make a lasting impact through estate gifts or other planned giving options.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I find out how much I am already giving?
- Login to Employee Earnings & Leave (Pay History) look for the line item "Spscc Foundation" under your Check Information or;
- Contact HR for your payroll deduction information
If I am already contributing through monthly payroll deductions, how can I reduce or increase the amount?
- Fill out a new Campus Cares form with the new amount
Are my payroll deductions tax deductible?
- Yes, annual consolidated tax receipts will be sent out each January for prior year's payroll deduction giving
What type of students/programs have the highest need?
- Entering "none" will automatically send your gift to the Area of Greatest Need. This fund is flexible and allows the SPSCC Foundation to quickly respond to new and urgent needs as they arise
- You can also designate your payroll deduction to a specific area. Emergency grants, for example, have been very instrumental in student support in 2020
What’s the difference between a fund, a program, and a scholarship?
- Donating to a fund generally means your gift is going to direct student support
- Donating to a program means your gift is going to a college program and is indirect student support
- Donating to a scholarship means your gift will be helping cover tuition and is direct student support
Can I give to two or more programs/funds/scholarships?
- Yes! You can fill out multiple campus cares forms and list the amount you would like to donate to each program/fund/scholarship
Is there a minimum amount needed to participate?
- No, you can participate at any giving amount and every gift, no matter how big or small, makes a difference