2017-18 Scholarship Recipients
This year, the College Foundation awarded more scholarships than ever — 350 scholarships and grants totaling over $450,000 — awards range from $500 to $3,500. Endowed scholarships are awarded contingent upon availability of funds. For more information:
How to Apply
Students apply for all available scholarships through one online application. To be eligible for a Foundation scholarship, apply online during one of the application cycles, see dates and deadlines below. Applicants are matched with scholarship criteria and are reviewed and scored by a group of volunteers and staff. Applicants who are selected attend a scholarship orientation, sign up to receive the scholarship, and attend the Scholarship Reception held in the fall.
Spring 2018 Scholarship Application
Applications will be accepted February 14 – May 16, 2018. Scholarships awarded in the spring cycle will be available for tuition Fall Quarter 2018.
Steps to Apply during Application Cycle
- Become an SPSCC student: spscc.edu/start
- Complete your scholarship application by the deadline: spscc.academicworks.com
To complete your scholarship application, you’ll need to upload:
- Biographical Essay: Prepare a one- or two-page essay on the topic of: yourself, your journey, and what your education at SPSCC means for you.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: Start early gathering letters from teachers, employers or community members.
- Transcripts: Gather high school and/or college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Submit your FAFSA application: fafsa.ed.gov This step is optional but will confirm your eligibility for additional Foundation scholarships.