Last year, the SPSCC Foundation awarded more scholarships and grants than ever, totaling over $525,000! Awards range from $100 to $4,000. The 2019-20 academic year is shaping up to be as good or better! All scholarships and grants are awarded contingent upon availability of funds.
How to Apply
Students apply for all available scholarships through one general application online. To be eligible for a Foundation scholarship, apply online during one of the application cycles, see Scholarship Application Dates & Deadlines below.
Applicants are matched with scholarship criteria and are reviewed and scored by a group of volunteers, faculty and staff. Applicants who are selected are required to attend a scholarship orientation, complete a thank you letter to the scholarship donor, and attend the Scholarship Reception in the Fall. Please note: Running Start students are not eligible for Foundation scholarships.
For questions on aid eligibility, please contact Financial Aid, 360-596-5232. For information on external scholarships, go to Scholarship Opportunities.
For a full list of SPSCC Foundation grants and scholarships, see All Opportunities.
Steps to Apply during Application Cycle
- If you are not currently enrolled at SPSCC, become a SPSCC student: spscc.edu/start. If you already have an spscc.edu email and a student ID number, go to the next step.
- Complete your scholarship application during the application cycle: spscc.academicworks.com
To complete your scholarship application, you’ll need to upload:
- Biographical Essay: Prepare a one- or two-page essay on the topic of: yourself, your journey, and what your education at SPSCC means for you.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: Start early gathering letters from teachers, employers or community members.
- Transcripts: Gather high school and/or college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Submit your FAFSA application: fafsa.ed.gov This step is optional but will confirm your eligibility for additional Foundation scholarships.