Last year, the SPSCC Foundation awarded more scholarships and grants than ever, totaling over $525,000! Awards range from $100 to $4,000. All scholarships and grants are awarded contingent upon availability of funds.
Steps to Apply for Foundation Scholarships
Students apply for all available scholarships through one application.
- Log in to SPSCC AcademicWorks using your SPSCC log-in credentials.
- Complete the General Application and include your Application Essay and two Letters of Recommendation. All three files should be in PDF format.
- Once you submit your application, check your college @spscc.edu email account for information regarding award offer emails and other deadlines.
- All applicants will receive a notice on whether they've received a scholarship or not beginning on the date noted in the section below.
Steps to Accept Foundation Scholarships
If you've received a scholarship offer, students must complete the following acceptance process in order to receive the scholarship.
- Accept the scholarship by logging in at SPSCC AcademicWorks.
- Write a thank you letter in the area provided in your AcademicWorks account.
- Review the online Scholarship Orientation and complete the Scholarship Orientation Survey.
- Attend the Scholarship Reception. You will be contacted by email with further details.
- Acknowledge any special requirements for the scholarship, such as:
- Minimum grade point average (GPA)
- Academic and leadership achievement
- Registration in a minimum number of credits
- Educational purpose - program or degree
- Attend service group meeting or special event related to the donor of the scholarship
For a full list of SPSCC Foundation grants and scholarships, see All Opportunities.