This year, the College Foundation awarded more scholarships than ever — 350 scholarships and grants totaling over $450,000 — awards range from $500 to $3,500. Endowed scholarships are awarded contingent upon availability of funds. For more information:
- Contact Financial Aid, 360-596-5232, for Advantage Scholarships & other Emergency Grants
- See Scholarship Opportunities for selected external scholarship applications.
How to Apply
Students apply for all available scholarships through one online application. To be eligible for a Foundation scholarship, apply online during one of the application cycles, see dates and deadlines below. Applicants are matched with scholarship criteria and are reviewed and scored by a group of volunteers and staff. Applicants who are selected attend a scholarship orientation, sign up to receive the scholarship, and attend the Scholarship Reception held in the fall.
Fall 2017 Scholarship Application
The application cycle for Fall 2017 awards is now closed. (Applications were accepted September 4-October 6, 2017.)
Steps to Apply during Application Cycle
- Become an SPSCC student: spscc.edu/start
- Complete your scholarship application by the deadline: spscc.academicworks.com
To complete your scholarship application, you’ll need to upload:
- Biographical Essay: Prepare a one- or two-page essay on the topic of: yourself, your journey, and what your education at SPSCC means for you.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: Start early gathering letters from teachers, employers or community members.
- Transcripts: Gather high school and/or college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Submit your FAFSA application: fafsa.ed.gov This step is optional but will confirm your eligibility for additional Foundation scholarships.