If you’re looking for steady work in a profession with opportunities across many fields, office administration might be the path for you. At SPSCC, our program pairs you with experienced faculty to prepare you for employment or establish a strong foundation to transfer for a 4-year Bachelor’s degree. You’ll gain experience in Microsoft Office software, as well as related office programs and business practices.
What’s different at SPSCC?
You’ll learn lasting tech literacy. Our program’s experienced instructors help you foster a special self-sufficiency: in addition to being able to confidently handle any tech problems in any environment your career takes you, that confidence will serve in your personal life, as well.
Get extra support with our I-BEST program. The Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training (I-BEST) program is a nationally-recognized teaching model that provides two instructors in every class – one focusing on the professional and technical material of your program, and the other helping you strengthen skills in English, writing & math.
Worker Retraining funds. Some students qualify for Worker Retraining, which helps pay for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and more. Learn if you qualify for Worker Retraining >.
Careers in Office Technology & Administration
Successful graduates often find employment in a range of settings, including corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
Career overview, pay rate, work environment, and more (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics):
- VIDEO: Executive Assistant—Is It The Right Career For You? (CareerStep)
Degrees & Certificates
- Clerk/Receptionist (Customer Service Specialist) (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Medical Billing and Coding (Certificate of Completion)
- Office Assistant (Certificate of Completion)
- Legal Administrative Assistant - Office Technology (Associate in Applied Science)
- Medical Administrative Assistant - Office Technology (Associate in Applied Science)
Department/Division ContactApplied Technology