Work Study positions are federally and state-funded programs that help students with financial needs through on and off-campus jobs which are relevant to a student’s major or career interest. There are a select number of Work Study positions at SPSCC each year.
- It's a need-based financial aid award.
- It's not a grant since you must work to earn it and it's not a loan since you don't have to pay it back.
- Since there is limited funding, the program is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A Work Study award does not guarantee employment, you must complete the steps below.
1. Check your Financial Aid Award in ctcLink to verify if you have been offered Work Study. If you were not offered Work Study but would like to see if you are eligible, contact the One Stop in Building 22.
2. Request a Work Study Authorization Form from Student Employment Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information:
- Subject Line: "Work Study Authorization Form Request"
- Email Body: Full Name, Preferred Name, ctcLink ID number, and academic pathway (program of study).
Please allow two business days for processing. You will receive an authorization email from Student Employment Services.
3. Search and apply for Work Study jobs on the SPSCC Student Employment Opportunities page.
4. If selected for an interview, bring your completed Work Study Authorization form with you to the interview.
5. If hired, ask your supervisor to email the completed and signed Work Study Authorization Form to email@example.com.