What is IGNITE?
Through IGNITE, you'll get a personal advisor and support team who will cheer you on and help you reach your goals as an SPSCC student.
Benefits include early class registration, textbook and computer lending, peer mentors, tutors, and more.
IGNITE is designed to help first generation, low income, students of color, and students with disabilities to succeed.
- Peer mentors
- Computer lending program
- Textbook lending program
- Early registration to classes
- Academic support for challenging classes (tutoring, study groups)
Other great features include:
- Intentional academic advising
- Career exploration
- Financial advising (financial aid, scholarships, grants)
- Life skills (goal setting, note taking, study skills)
- Identity development (empowerment workshops)
- Access to the Student of Color Conference
To be accepted to the program, you should be enrolled at SPSCC (part time or full time) and be seeking a two-year degree or certificate. Additionally, at least one of the following should be true:
- Neither of your parents earned a 4-year degree or higher; or
- You have a disability documented with the Access Services office; or
- You are eligible for a Pell Grant; or
- You are a student of color.
For more information: