The Center for Teaching & Online Learning is happy to offer full support for all students seeking help with Canvas, and limited technical assistance with SPSCC email, student Portal, and other online tools. We also have media pods available for students who need to create or edit media projects, such as video and images.
The Center for Teaching & Online Learning is happy to offer full support for all faculty seeking help with Canvas, and sponsors a variety of professional development opportunities for faculty and staff throughout the year. We even have space available for faculty seeking to create their own instructional videos, a small room great for design meetings and projects, and an office available for faculty seeking to work on online learning projects using tools like Photoshop or Articulate Storyline. Our staff has a wide variety of backgrounds and expertise, and we are here to assist you.
- Canvas Instructor Guide
- Professional Development in 2018-2019
- Book faculty workspace (for individual recordings, design meetings, and online learning projects)
- Closed captioning for web-based instructional videos used in face-to-face, hybrid and online courses.
- Reserve time with the CTOL Staff by e-mailing us below
- E-mail Brady to book time to work on any of the following topics: support with Canvas and advanced online learning tools
- E-mail Robin to book time to work on any of the following topics: online & hybrid development, accessible course design, curriculum design, instructional best practices, and support with Canvas.
- E-mail James to book time to work on any of the following topics: curriculum design, assessment best practices, integrative learning, and diversity/equity in instruction.
We also work with a variety of faculty who volunteer their time to offer professional development communities of practice.