These scholarships are being offered by local and national community organizations. SPSCC is providing this list as a service to our students but does not endorse any given organization.
New or Active Scholarships
These external scholarships are listed by application deadline date.
- College Bound Scholarship
- Passport to College Promise Scholarship for Foster Youth
- Veterans Make Great Technology and Engineering/STEM Teachers Scholarship
- Garage Gym Planner Fitness Writing Scholarship (October 25, 2016)
- Soroptimist: Live Your Dream Award To apply, send application and references to email@example.com (November 15, 2016)
- Fortiphi-HR Women in Business $500 Scholarship (December 16, 2016)
- Kosciuszko Foundation Tuition Scholarships for Polish-American Students (January 5, 2017)
- Hitting the Golf Ball Sports Scholarship (January 31, 2017)
- James & Patricia Sood Education Studies Scholarship (March 11, 2017)
- The Mary Blake Single Parent Nursing Scholarship (June 15, 2017)
- Khan Law Firm Scholarship (August 1, 2017)
- Grade Potential Tutoring Scholarship (May 15 for Spring; November 15 for Fall)
Expired or Renewable Scholarships
Application deadlines for these external scholarships have expired for the current application year, but some may renew for future applications.
- American Indian Endowed Scholarship
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society A. T. Anderson Memorial Scholarship
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society Burlington North Santa Fe (BNSF) Foundation Scholarship
- The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program — Offers grants for U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies or credit-bearing, career-oriented internships abroad.
- Building Association of Washington Scholarship
- Building Our Future Scholarship
- Cobell Scholarship
- Eastern Washington University - Transfer Honors at Eastern — $3,000 renewable scholarship for those who have 3.7 GPA & AA or two years of course work at university.
- Epsilon Sigma Alpha Foundation
- Full Circle Scholarships — Awarded to American Indian/Alaska Native students attending non-tribal colleges.
- Harstine Island Scholarship
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund — Diverse range of scholarship programs and resources to Latino students.
- Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
- Olympia Master Builders Scholarship Program
- Pride Foundation — Provides post-secondary educational scholarships to current and future leaders in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ), and straight ally community from Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. Over 50 different scholarships offered within one application.
- Taz Conner and Terry Crenshaw Memorial Scholarship
- United Negro College Fund (UNCF) — Private scholarship provider to minority group members as well as internships, fellowships, and other program opportunities. Complete FAFSA.
- UW Next Step Scholarship
- Udall Undergraduate Scholarship
- Verne LaMarr Lyons Memorial Social Work Graduate Student Scholarship
- WABO Scholarship (Welders)
- Washington CPA Foundation Scholarship
- Washington State Home and Community Educators Women in Transition Scholarship
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
- Washington Women in Need
- Webucator Scholarships for Computer Science Students
- Wells Fargo Scholarship American Indian Scholarship
- Western Governors University Scholarships — WGU scholarship for new WGU students starting a degree program.
- WSECU Scholarship Program
- Zonta's Jane M. Klausman Scholarship
Scholarship Search Engines
- Affordable Colleges Online — Helps students and parents identify colleges, degree programs, and scholarship opportunities to fit financial wants and needs.
- Affordable Colleges Online: College Resources And Financial Aid for Hispanic Students — Guide Hispanic students to solutions to finding affordable college options and scholarship opportunities.
- College Board — Connects students to college success and opportunity. Prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services.
- College Success Foundation — A unique integrated system of supports and scholarships to inspire underserved, low-income students to finish high school, graduate from college and succeed.
- ComputerScience.org — Scholarship opportunities for computer science majors. Includes resources specific to women in computer science and STEM related industries.
- Fastweb — Resource for paying and preparing for college. Scholarships for every student’s educational goals, activities and interests.
- International Scholarships — Locates scholarships, grants and fellowships in the U.S. for international students.
- Scholarship America — A blog for the purpose of educating students and parents about scholarships.
- ShopSleuth — Ultimate scholarship resource guide of sites established with resources to help pay for school.
- Student Scholarships — Large collection of scholarships on the web.
- Teacher.org — Scholarships and grants for educators and those thinking of becoming educators.
- University of Washington Do It Scholarships — Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology. Funding strategies for students with disabilities.
- University of Washington Transfer Scholarships — Undergraduates who demonstrate both outstanding academic achievement and financial need. Must be admitted to the UW for autumn quarter of the academic year.
- TheWashBoard.org — Increased access to scholarships and financial aid for Washington students. A simple and central scholarship search and application resource.
- Washington State Opportunity Scholarship — Washington students pursuing eligible, high demand majors in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and health care.