Meet with us virtually through Zoom. Email us to make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
South Puget Sound Community College has an institutional commitment to providing equal educational opportunities for qualified students with disabilities in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Revised Code of Washington: Students with Disabilities – Core Services (RCW 28B.10.912), and Students with Disabilities – Accommodations (RCW 28B.10.914).
You have the right to services and reasonable accommodations providing you meet the basic requirements to perform the activities of the program, that is, you are "otherwise qualified" to be an SPSCC student.
Make an appointment with the Access Services Coordinator and:
- Identify yourself as a student with a documented disability
- Present formal written documentation of your disability
- Request reasonable accommodations at SPSCC
- Request services early for every quarter you're enrolled
- Meet and maintain academic standards
- Communicate with your instructors and Access Services staff about your accommodations and needs
Complete and submit an Accommodation Request Form when you register for classes every quarter you're enrolled. Some accommodations (e.g. interpreting services, text in alternative format [Braille, e-text], textbooks on audiotape, enlarged print, etc.) require substantial advanced notice (15 to 30 working days or more). You should plan to register and request accommodations as soon as possible.
Requesting accommodations for the first time? Follow the steps below.