Payroll, Time & Absence

Report Time and Absence

Employees enter time worked and request leave absences using the ctcLink Employee Self-Service.

Visit the Payroll support site for answers to many “how do I?” questions.

Pay Days

SPSCC follows Washington State laws and issues semi-monthly (twice a month) paychecks.

For time worked from the 1st through the 15th, the pay date is the 25th. For time worked from the 16th through the end of the month, the pay date is the 10th of the following month.

If the 10th or 25th falls on a Saturday, payday will be the preceding Friday. If the 10th or 25th falls on a Sunday, payday will be the following Monday unless Monday is a federal banking holiday, then payday will be the preceding Friday.

    Payment Information

    Historical Earnings & Leave Site
    This historical application can be used to reference earnings, deductions, and payroll prior to May 10, 2022. Login with SID & PIN required.

    Direct Deposit
    Employees can have their earnings automatically deposited to an account at a financial institution of their choice. The Electronic Funds Transfer form should be completed and returned to the Human Resources Office for processing. If you elect deposit to a checking account, please attach a voided check. If you elect a savings account, please have your financial institution complete or verify your form before submitting to the Human Resources Office.

    Address Changes 
    The Human Resource Office maintains employee information files. Employees who need to make telephone and/or address changes should submit their changes using the employee change form to the Human Resources Office. Employee Change Form

    IRS Form W-4
    Upon hire, all new employees, including student workers, are required to complete a W-4. All employees should review their W-4 filing status and taxes withheld and compare this to anticipated or actual tax liability. If your income, filing status, or name changes, please submit an updated W-4 form as soon as possible. Tax is withheld in accordance with the current rates established by the Internal Revenue Service. Any employee filing Exempt status must fill out a new W-4 at the beginning of each new tax year. 

    Form I-9, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
    The College is required by the Department of Homeland Security to complete and maintain an I-9 for each employee . This form must be completed by all employees on or before their first day of work. This form shows compliance that the employee is authorized to work in the United States. The I-9 form requires certain documents that are used to establish identity and employment authorization. Please contact the Human Resources Office immediately if you have not completed this form.

    Social Security
    Employees and the College contribute matching premiums to the Social Security Administration in accordance with the current rate schedule. The deductions and contributions (OASI) are displayed on your payroll earnings statement.

    It is imperative that the Payroll office has the correct social security number for reporting these wage credits. In order to ensure accurate reporting of these credits, name changes must first be reported to the Social Security Administration. A new social security card will then be issued to you, which in turn can be presented to the payroll office along with photo ID. This will facilitate your name change for our official records.

    L & I - Washington State
    L & I payroll deductions are mandatory for all employees of Washington State. Additional information can be found on the The Department of Labor and Industries website.

    Payroll Deductions

    The College offers the following payroll deduction options. For represented classified staff the WFSE union dues are automatically deducted through payroll deduction upon joining.

    Homeowners & Auto Insurance
    The State of Washington has negotiated group rates for its employees through Liberty Mutual Insurance. This could mean up to 12% in discounted auto and home rates. By enrolling with Liberty Mutual, you will be able to have the insurance cost deducted from your semi-monthly paychecks. Learn more at the PEBB website.

    Combined Fund Drive
    Each fall the annual Washington State Combined Fund Drive campaign is kicked off. By completing the payroll deduction form you can direct any dollar amount to one or more specific charities. The deductions begin in January and continue until you take positive action to change either the designee or dollar amount during the next campaign. Learn more about Combined Fund Drive.

    Gifts to SPSCC
    Employees may authorize scholarship or development deductions through payroll deduction.  To learn more about the program please contact the College Foundation Office at 360-596-5229.

    Deferred Compensation Plan
    Employees of the College can participate in the State’s deferred compensation plan through payroll deduction.  This (457) plan allows an employee to set aside additional pre tax earnings for retirement savings.  Employees can participate in the supplemental 403(b) retirement plans in addition to participating in the State plan.  Learn more about Deferred Compensation

    Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
    Full time employees and adjunct faculty members may participate in the Medical Flexible Spending Account plan. Employees can set aside money each  calendar year through payroll deduction.   Eligible Employees can begin participation the first day of the month following employment. Learn more about Flexible Spending Accounts

    Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP)
    Employees can set aside pretax dollars to pay for out-of-pocket dependent care expenses through payroll deduction. Employees can sign up to participate upon hire or during the open enrollment period offered each year. Learn more at: DCAP