- Peer and faculty tutoring
- Tutor-facilitated study groups and workshops
- Space for individual study
The primary purpose of Learning Support Services (LSS) is to empower all students to become independent, self-advocating, and resourceful learners. Join us in LSS East, LSS West, LSS South, and the Student Computing Center for tutoring at the Olympia Campus, or see our Lacey Campus and eTutoring opportunities below.
Lacey Campus & eTutoring
Writing tutoring is offered at our Lacey Campus in room 152 at the following times. To sign up for a tutoring appointment, visit the Lacey One Stop or call 360-709-2000.
Summer 2019 Lacey Writing Tutoring Schedule
(starting week 2 of summer quarter)
Wednesdays 11 am - 2 pm
LSS provides eTutoring services through the Western eTutoring Consortium. All currently enrolled SPSCC students have access to free, professional, online tutoring in a variety of subject areas, including writing, anatomy and physiology, math, chemistry, physics, Spanish, accounting, and more.
One of the best ways to turn your understanding of a subject from fairly good to really good is to share what you have learned with someone else. Student tutors share their knowledge and effective study skills with their peers, helping them to succeed in their classes and achieve their educational goals. Working as a student tutor is a great opportunity to help others, SPSCC, and yourself. You'll gain a deeper understanding of your subject, build your resume, and (of course) get paid!
- Interested in using our space and equipment for a course activity?
- Want to set up a workshop for one of your classes?
- Have a question about how Learning Support Services can help your students?
Contact LSS administrators:
- Chris Dorn (LSS - West) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adam Jones (LSS - East) email@example.com