What is Work Study?
Work Study is a federally and state-funded program that helps students with financial needs through on and off-campus jobs which are relevant to a student’s major or career interest. There are a select number of Work Study positions at SPSCC each year.
- It is a need-based financial aid award.
- It is not a grant since you must work to earn it, and it is not a loan since you don't have to pay it back.
- There is limited funding, so the program is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A Work Study award does not guarantee employment, you must complete the steps below.
Work Study & Student Employment Benefits
- Part-time employment complements class schedules.
- Extra income helps pay for living and college expenses.
- There is an opportunity to decrease student loans.
- Get on-the-job training and experience across various areas, including community service.