Welcome to SPSCC. The New Student Advising & Registration (NSAR) session is your first advising appointment, where you can ask questions about registering for classes.
NSAR is for students who:
- Are new or returning to SPSCC after more than four quarters away, and have:
- Applied to SPSCC
- Activated student email
- Determined funding
- Assessed skills
NSAR is a mandatory session that provides:
- Advising information and support
- Help to register for and start classes as a new student
- Opportunity to choose classes with support from an advisor
- In-person support with individual questions
- Opportunity to build personal connections with advisors
Register for NSAR:
- Register for an NSAR session as early as three weeks in advance.
- Registration for NSAR for the Winter 2019 quarter is now open.
- You can choose to register at the Olympia Campus or the Lacey Campus to attend one of the NSAR sessions.
- Registration for classes begins on November 5, 2018 at 8:00 am.
After the initial NSAR session, you make appointments with an advisor through Compass.
Questions about applying for admission or general enrollment information: Contact Outreach, email@example.com, 360-596-5440.
Online NSAR Option
If you are a returning student or are unable to attend the in-person NSAR session, the Online NSAR is intended for students who:
- Completed 15 credits at SPSCC or another institution with 2.0 GPA or higher
- Take all of their courses online
- Take all of their courses in the evenings
- Are temporary students
- Do not have access to childcare
After completing the Online NSAR, it may take 2-3 business days to release the hold on your registration. This is not an automated process. You will receive an email from the Advising Center indicating that you are able to register for courses once your Online NSAR information has been processed.
Please check your @spscc.edu student email portal for confirmation emails.