Welcome to SPSCC Health and Wellness! The College is excited about promoting and creating an environment that supports your health and well being and offers you healthy choices and resources. SPSCC offers Walking Paths, Flu Shot Clinics, Lunch & Learn Brown Bag Workshops on Finances, Retirement Planning, Nutrition, and Stress Management, Health & Wellness Fairs and many more activities throughout the year.
Washington State Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
South Puget Sound Community College is committed to assisting our employees by offering Employee Assistance Program resources to help employees and their families cope and thrive through the financial and emotional challenges that we all face. The EAP provides you and your family with information and resources to find positive outcomes in difficult times. The EAP can help with work, home or family life issues and everything remains confidential.
For example, here are some common situations where you may just need someone to talk to:
- You need to have a difficult conversation with your employee or boss and are are looking for coaching.
- Your teenager is heading a direction that makes you nervous and you feel at a loss for what to do.
- You are looking for resources to help you and your aging parents make life decisions.
- Your work-life balance seems out-of-balance and you are getting concerned.
- Your relationship with your partner seems to be struggling more than it should be.
- You can't figure out if you are being bullied by someone or if it's just you.
Dealing with Grief and Loss
- How leaders can support employees after a loss or trauma
- What you can do for yourself after loss or trauma
Your Health and Well Being
Employees can contact the EAP at any time for assistance. Using the service is no cost to the employee, and all contact is held confidential and is not reported to the employer. For additional information please contact the Human Resources Office at 360-596-5500; or contact the Employee Assistance Program directly at 360-407-9490 or toll free at 877-313-4455.
- Employee Resources
- email email@example.com to request brochures or publications
Want to get involved? Please join us!
The SPSCC Safety and Health Committee meets on the last Thursday of every month. Building 25, Room 203 at 2:15pm
The center provides a number of benefits to students and employees including:
- A renovated gymnasium and a new auxiliary gymnasium;
- Expanded weight room and cardio room options;
- Additional study spaces;
- Enhanced variety of physical education course options; and
- The ability to expand study activities, recreational sports programs, intramurals, and club sports programs.
SmartHealth Wellness Program
The SmartHealth Wellness Program was started as the Governor's vision for a healthier, productive workforce. All employees who are enrolled in PEBB medical benefits are eligible.
SmartHealth starts over every year! Each January, points return to zero and the program resets for subscribers to qualify for the $125 wellness incentive.
- SmartHealth is live! Get started with this year’s new activities.
Campus Walking Paths
Check out the SPSCC Campus Walking Paths Map of the Mottman Campus walking trails. Choose the on-campus paths and get in some steps during your workday or create your own trails and join in the fun!
Financial Wellness - Your Path to Financial Fitness Starts Here!
Twin Star Credit Union Work Perks & BALANCE
At TwinStar CU, we care about your financial wellness. That’s why we’ve partnered with industry-leading BALANCE to provide you with free access to expertly-crafted financial education and resources to help with your fiscal matters. And should you need, BALANCE can assist with confidential, no-cost financial counseling services to help you develop a sensible budget managing spending and debt. For all your financial life stage changes and more, we—in partnership with BALANCE—are here to help.
The Hometown Home Loan Program offers a wide variety of benefits to help you reach your homeownership goals: exclusive discounts on mortgage loans, Realtors commissions, Escrow fees and home inspections along with free homeownership courses and access to down payment assistance. These benefits are only available through AFFINITY Lending at HomeStreet Bank.
- 6 Ways You are Wasting Energy and Money
- Homestreet Bank Complimentary Mortgage Loan Review
- Homestreet Bank - Hometown Home Loan Program – Get your finances in shape this year! Mortgages, Home Loans and First-Time Homebuyer benefits are just some of the benefits available to employees.